This Blog was posted for you By Your San Antonio Pest Control Services – Jenkins Pest and Lawn
Ghost Ants and How To Exterminate Them
Ghost ants are small tiny little creatures that can create great havoc in anyone’s day-to-day life. These are one among those complicated species of ants to get rid of. It is called ghost ant as it is very difficult to find and exterminate the queen who creates and produces thousands of workers. Though these can be treated with “ant baits” but this process has its own drawbacks. The process is costly and slow to follow and at the same time gives very short-term results. Homemade remedies are most useful and widely used worldwide. Required Items:
– Five plastic containers
– Spray Bottle
– Measuring Cup
– Paper Towels
– Note pad
1. The very first step is to note down the infected areas which are attacked by the ghost ants. Writing makes it easier to remember all the indoors and outdoors affected areas.
2. Make a spray of 1 cup of vinegar and 2 cups of water. Now pour the mixture into the spray bottle and shake well. Spray the mixture on the kitchen counters, stove, sink, and other affected areas.
3. Ghost ants are attracted to the smell of sweets and proteins. The above spray helps to illuminate the smell. After the spray, several papers should be used to clean and wipe the counter.
4. Homemade ant bait can also be made with 2 cups of sugar and 1 cup of water and 3 tablespoons of borax. Pour all the three things into a bowl and bring to a boil.
5. This mixture should be stirred from time to time. Once the mixture seems to be cooked, it should simmer for a few minutes and wait to cool.
6. Pour this mixture into different bowls. Each bowl can be given 1 tablespoon of mixture. Divide the mixture into 5 bowls.
7. One can place 5 bowls of homemade bait in all the most effective areas where the ghost ants are found and seen. These open containers attract the ants and the bait is consumed by them, thus illuminating the queen ant along with others.
Points to Remember – You can use more than 5 bowls or containers if needed. Place those containers containing the homemade bait in different areas of the home. Look for a mound and if you are able to found it, place one container near to it. This will speed up the extermination process.
– Borax is a harmful chemical. Keep it out of reach from children and pets. Also, avoid any skin contact with the borax. Any skin contact will lead to many skin reactions. In case you eat it, it will cause borax poisoning. Common symptoms are headache, vomiting, red eyes, and nausea. Immediately contact your physician if any symptom appears.